What is B2B2C Ecommerce?
B2B2C Ecommerce is a business model where a brand connects with its customers indirectly using third-party providers or other businesses that work under the umbrella of the main brand. B2B2C Ecommerce stands for Business-to-Business-to-Consumer Ecommerce. As it is clear from the term the model incorporates both Business-to-Business (B2B) and Business-to-Consumer (B2C) models.
Primarily the business is run under one brand, say brand A, which connects to other businesses and uses their products or services to cater to a common audience segment. In our example case, Brand A can onboard a number of other businesses as its sellers and give them access to a wider customer base.
Brand A does not have to actually produce the products or services it is selling to the end buyers. The partner or seller B2B2C companies that serve the end customers get better visibility, and trust associated with brand A and technical, logistics, training or any other kind of assistance or services from the parent brand A to help them grow their business.
What are some B2B2C examples?
There are many successful B2B2C companies across the globe. Here are some well-known examples of B2B2C businesses:
- Microsoft: Microsoft is the most well-known B2B2C company which builds a variety of software which is used by other businesses to cater to the end buyers.
- Amazon And Grocery Stores: Amazon partners with local grocery stores to deliver grocery products quickly in hyperlocal markets.
- Urban Company and Service Provider Partners: Urban Company offers a service aggregator B2B2C ecommerce platform where customers can avail services from different service providers like beauticians, plumbers, repair mechanics and more.
- Casper and Affirm: Brand Casper manufactures and sells mattresses, bed frames, etc to help people sleep better. Affirm is a financial company that works with Casper and offers buy now pay later services to customers. Customers can buy expensive Casper products and make payments in smaller instalments.
- Zomato and local restaurants: Zomato is a food delivery aggregator platform that onboards local restaurants and food joints to deliver food on demand to the end customers.
Many other use cases of B2B2C can be created to cater to the diverse requirements of customers. Enterprise brands need a well-rounded B2B2C ecommerce solution that has inbuilt support for both B2B Ecommerce and B2C Ecommerce to handle the core business functionalities.
StoreHippo offers complete B2B2C ecommerce solutions for brands looking forward to disrupting the ecommerce landscape with their novel business-to-business-to-consumer brand.
What are the features needed in a B2B2C ecommerce platform to build a successful brand?
Essentially a B2B2C ecommerce platform offers turnkey ecommerce solutions to build, run and grow a business catering to end customers through its partner businesses. The business model usually combines the multi-vendor model along with some other business model like hyperlocal commerce, multi-store etc to cater to the end buyers.
Here is a list of features needed in a good B2B2C ecommerce platform:
- Native solutions to run both the B2B and B2C ecommerce businesses
- Next-gen technology to create cutting-edge solutions for the business
- Flexibility to support customizations and build tailor made B2B2C ecommerce solutions for enterprise brands
- Scalable solution that can accommodate business growth
- Host of built-in features to automate and streamline processes like order and inventory management, marketing, shipping etc.
- Support for diverse business models like multi vendor marketplace, multi store, hyperlocal commerce, D2C etc.
- Ease of personalization to cater to the diverse requirements of the end customers
- Seamless integrations to build unique ecommerce solutions and cater to the brands out of box requirements
StoreHippo offers comprehensive B2B2C ecommerce solutions to brands planning to build their online presence. StoreHippo offers a one-stop solution for building the B2B2C ecommerce website, apps and also offers a gamut of marketing tools to grow the business. Built on mobile-first approach and MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless) architecture, StoreHippo gives B2B2C companies the freedom and creative control to build innovative solutions that have the potential to disrupt the market.
What are the benefits of B2B2C Ecommerce?
Opting for the B2B2C ecommerce model has many benefits for all the parties involved namely the brand owners, the partner businesses as well as the end customers. Here is how all 3-parties benefit from this versatile business model:
Benefits of B2B2C Ecommerce for the Business Owners
- Build brand value by onboarding the best-in-class business partners as your brand partners
- Cut the cost of building an inventory, warehousing etc.
- Expand to new business verticals by onboarding businesses supporting ancillary products or services of the main products sold on your B2B2C ecommerce platform
- Plan strategic business moves with a vast pool of customer behavior data
Benefits of B2B2C Ecommerce for the Business Partners
- Access to a technically advanced cutting-edge B2B2C e-commerce platform to reach customers across multiple touchpoints such as apps, online stores, social media pages with buy button etc.
- Benefit from the enterprise brand’s readymade high traffic volumes
- Get additional services such as logistics, customer support, and marketing support from the enterprise B2B2C company
- Boost sales with the help of strategic insights provided by the B2B2C brand
Benefits of B2B2C Ecommerce for the Customers
- Access vast product catalog on a single platform
- Compare and choose the best prices for same products or services sold by multiple buyers
- The assurance and trust of dealing with a reputed brand
- Easy to get best support and resolution of grievances (if any)
With so many inherent benefits and a number of B2B2C companies creating new success stories, opting for the innovative business model is a good choice for enterprise brands. StoreHippo offers a feature-rich B2B2C ecommerce platform for enterprise brands to help them go-to-market in record time.
Why storehippo is the best B2B2C ecommerce platform for enterprise brands planning their online launch?
StoreHippo enterprise ecommerce platform offers next-gen ecommerce solutions for B2B2C companies planning to take the ecommerce route. Its MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless) architecture enables brands to leverage the inherent scalability, flexibility and agility of the platform to build out-of-box solutions to grow the business.
The decoupled headless architecture makes it possible for brands to build personalized buyer journeys that engage and convert buyers better. B2B2C ecommerce brands can build a multi-channel presence with the help of the omnichannel solutions offered by StoreHippo.
Building mobile apps and PWA stores is also easy with StoreHippo as it comes with an inbuilt mobile apps builder. All stores built on StoreHippo are PWAs and brands also get mobile admin apps for their admin teams, seller partners and delivery boys.
StoreHippo’s multilingual and multi currency features help B2B2C companies to explore business beyond borders and build location-specific stores using the multi store feature. The inherent support for B2B and B2C e-commerce along with a variety of other business models makes it easy for brands to experiment with and pivot to hybrid business models.
StoreHippo easily integrates with the existing software of businesses and offers an intuitive easy to use ecommerce solution for admins, vendors and even customers. The SEO-friendly StoreHippo ecommerce platform comes with a gamut of marketing tools like discount engine, blog engine, abandoned cart recovery and also integrates well with other third party marketing tools.
StoreHippo also has 30+ integrated logistics and 60+ pre-integrated payment solutions to make checkouts and fulfillment easy and frictionless. The 300+ built in features make storeHippo a plug-and-play solution for B2B2C ecommerce.
Ready to become the next successful B2B2C example? Need the best ecommerce platform to power your brand? Explore our 360-degree B2B2C ecommerce solutions by booking your free demo right away.