What is a B2C marketplace India
A B2C marketplace India is an online marketplace where customers can buy retail products or services from a host of vendors on a single platform. Successful examples of business-to-consumer marketplace websites in India are Amazon, Nykaa, Flipkart etc.
The B2C ecommerce landscape has given new opportunities to the brands to build an online marketplace and cater to newer customer segments. With the adoption of B2C ecommerce and digital shopping, India has seen a major growth in marketplace popularity. India's online retail market size may touch $325 billion by 2030 which means building B2C marketplaces are pragmatic for business growth.
How to build the best B2C marketplace India
Enterprise businesses can follow one of the following two ways to build an online marketplace:
- Build the marketplace from scratch with a team of highly-skilled IT professionals
- Use a SaaS-based turnkey ecommerce platform to build a marketplace in a few easy steps
From the above two methods, brands might need a longer time duration to build the marketplace from scratch with added effort and resources. However, with a turnkey ecommerce solution, brands can go to the market in record time and build an engaging marketplace website seamlessly.
Here are a few reasons that make a SaaS-based ecommerce platform the right choice for enterprise brands planning to build their marketplace website in India:
- Cost-effective solution that gives freedom from the repeated cost of maintenance and upgradation
- Inherent flexibility that makes it easy to customize the solution as the market demands
- Scalable infrastructure for rapid growth without having to spend millions of dollars
- Builds out-of-box solutions with seamless integrations
- Offers a technological edge as the software is always up-to-date with market trends
- Ensures faster and efficient business operations with automated processes
A multi vendor marketplace that offers a seamless shopping experience is most loved by its customers. With a turnkey SaaS-based ecommerce platform that is fully hosted and managed like StoreHippo, brands do not need additional plugins or coding to build, launch and grow their marketplace.
How to grow a B2C marketplace India to wider markets
With the B2C ecommerce business model opening new markets for growth, brands can take their business to the next level by going online.
Here are a few ways in which brands can target a wider audience in India with their marketplace website:
- Build presence across multiple touchpoints to connect with audiences across metros and tier 3 and beyond cities
- Focus on mobile commerce to reach a wider customer base that uses mobile internet as only means to reach online marketplaces
- Create attractive and conversion oriented website design
- Create personalized buyer journeys to cater to diverse Indian customer groups looking for discounts
- Integrate with best-in-breed third-party apps and software to get better insights on customer buying habits and plan data-driven growth strategies
- Streamline buyer journeys across channels to make buying seamless for the customers
- Offer Multiple payment gateways to enable faster and frictionless checkout processes
- Offer product details in multiple local languages to help make informed buying decisions
- Keep a close eye on market dynamics and trends and be agile enough to adapt to changing market conditions
However, to reach a wider market, brands need to power their B2C marketplace India, with a robust marketplace builder like StoreHippo. StoreHippo helps not only build an online marketplace but also execute new growth strategies with its 360-degree ecommerce solutions. Get easy access to all multiple enterprise-grade features with StoreHippo solutions and build a comprehensive B2C ecommerce marketplace.
How does StoreHippo help build the best B2C marketplace India
StoreHippo offers a ready-to-use ecommerce solution helping brands build scalable and flexible B2C online marketplace India. With its 300+ inbuilt features, StoreHippo offers a fully hosted and managed ecommerce solution for various businesses and industries. The cutting-edge solution helps build the most engaging B2C websites in India.
Built on MACH architecture, brands can build innovative, flexible, and agile ecommerce solutions. Brands can seamlessly go omnichannel with pure headless architecture by adding multiple sales channels using the same backend logic and APIs. Businesses in India can use StoreHippo to build a variety of B2C ecommerce models like multi vendor marketplace, location-based multi store network, quick commerce, hyperlocal ecommerce B2B, B2B2C, or any hybrid business model across all industries.
With its mobile-first approach, StoreHippo builds PWA stores that look, feel, and work like mobile apps even on entry level devices and can even reach Indian locations with poor internet connections. With the MACH architecture, StoreHippo gives B2C brands the power and agility to build an online marketplace that is innovative and future-ready solutions. Brands can use StoreHippo’s inherent flexibility and creative control to create personalized content, offers, pricing, payment options, shipping solutions etc. on their marketplace websites.
Are you all set to build your own B2C marketplace India with StoreHippo ecommerce solutions? Explore the rich features by starting your own 14-day free trial.