Is your dashboard revealing some disturbing trends like increased number of incomplete orders and bounce rate? Are your sales going down month on month despite having the most competitive pricing, best sales team and digital marketing in place? Have had various brainstorming sessions still unable to identify the cause of the diminished performance of your online store?
If you identify with this scenario you are one among the many online retailers who have not evaluated the importance of making their online store mobile ready. Are you eager to tell me that your store is mobile responsive and works well on various devices?
But do you know that a mobile responsive store and a mobile ready store are different from each other like chalk and cheese? Do you know that mobile responsiveness is just about the design layout whereas mobile readiness improves your site’s performance manifold?
Initially, e-commerce was all about selling commodities and products online at the lowest possible rates. But, today consumer expectations from online retailers is much higher than it ever was. Retailers have to understand the emotional and psychological aspects of consumer behavior to stay ahead of competition. As per recent studies some of the interesting facts of mobile consumer behavior are:
Why performance of mobile ecommerce store is a game changer?
site speed will be the main drivers for future success.
How to build online stores with decreased page load time and increased performance?The above statistics makes it crystal clear how performance of online stores on mobile browsers and mobile apps is extremely important not only for success but for the survival of the business. Page load time significantly affects conversion rates and hence for better performance on mobile devices, faster page switch is very important.
E- commerce platforms built on traditional technologies using regular web applications need to send multiple request to the server for loading a given web page. With the first request, images, HTML and CSS get loaded in a given time duration.
But for every page switch, same amount of time is needed to load the next page. This significantly decreases the site performance and leads to customers migrating to other websites which load faster.
Modern technology using SPA (Single Page Application) offers a marked improvement over the page load and page switch time of traditional technologies. SPAs are web apps that load a single HTML page and dynamically update that page as the user interacts with the app. SPA gives an edge to any online store by providing the following benefits:
• SPA makes websites up to 4 times faster, as most resources HTML + CSS + Scripts are only loaded once.
Only data needs to be reloaded back and forth significantly reducing load time beyond first page.
• SPA uses caching and local storage to improve speed of website
• Page switch is very fast using SPA as templates are loaded in advance.
• Apart from SPA use of CDN (Content Delivery Networks) can help in optimization of website and helps in faster delivery of meta data which does not change regularly.
It is evident from the above facts that to flourish in the modern e-commerce environment any website cannot take the risk of sticking with the outdated technology that is compromising with your online store’s performance and user experience.
Why good mobile performance is necessary for future survival of online business?
What does StoreHippo Offer
• Performs efficiently on all devices be it desktop or any other mobile device like tablets or smartphones.
• Enhanced user experience using mobile first SPA
• Mobile ready themes that help create beautiful stores
• Gives competitive edge to your business with mobile friendly stores
• Device specific themes for best user experiences
• Customized mobile apps for Android and iOS
• Better ROI and conversions using various advance features